Google is the world’s most used search engine and arguably the most used online platform.
It is inarguable that your Google account is a vital asset to you.
So, it is essential to secure it by changing your password often.
You must change your Google password regularly to protect your online assets. This article will teach you how to change your Google account password online and offline.
Understand Your Google Account Settings
Before you can change your Google password, you need to understand your Google Account Settings, which you can access in the Google Settings.
- Go to Google.com in your browser. You’ll need to sign in to Google with your current Google account.
- In the left sidebar, click Accounts & privacy.
- On the Accounts & privacy page, click Security on the left.
- On the Security page, select the Enable two-step verification checkbox.
- On the Next page, enter a phone number. You will receive a text message with a temporary verification code.
- Enter the verification code from the text message and click Continue.
- Click Continue again on the Next page.
- Now, select how you want to receive the verification codes. You can either receive the codes via text message or via a verification app on your mobile phone.
- Click Next.
Create a Strong Password
Passwords protect your Google account from unauthorized users. It’s important to remember a strong password, and this is definitely possible.
Google offers some tips for creating a secure password, as follows:
- Avoid common passwords, such as “password”, “123456”, “qwerty”, and “123456789”.
- Avoid passwords that are easy to guess, such as birthdays, names, phone numbers, and pets’ names.
- Avoid using dictionary words or names, such as “football”, “cat”, and “mom”.
- Avoid repeating characters, such as “abc”, “123”, and “qwerty”.
- Avoid using numbers, such as “0”, “1”, “2”, “3”, and “4”.
- Avoid using common symbols, such as “!”, “@”, “$”, “&”, and “*”.
- Avoid using uppercase and lowercase letters.
Creating a password is easy. You can use online password generators, but you may also want to create one on your own.
Change Your Google Password
Google offers two types of password recovery options:
- Google will send a temporary password to your email address.
- You can recover your account by entering a verification code.
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” link.
- Select a recovery method.
- Enter your email.
- Click “Send link.”
- Copy the temporary password.
- Go to Google.
- Enter the temporary password in the “Forgot your password?” window and click “Continue.”
- Click “Sign in.”
If you forget your password, you can simply follow the prompts on the sign in page.
Secure Your Mobile Devices
Google offers several ways for you to protect your devices.
To secure your Android device, you’ll have to enable two-step verification.
Both your phone and your Google Account will need to be turned on for two-step verification to work.
Once you’ve enabled two-step verification, you’ll be able to use Google Authenticator for two-step verification instead of SMS.
To secure your iOS devices, you’ll need to set up Find My iPhone.
Once you’ve enabled Find My iPhone, you’ll be able to use Google Authenticator for two-step verification instead of SMS.
Additional Security Measures
If you’ve followed all of the steps above, and you are still experiencing problems, then it’s time to ask for assistance. This can be a time-consuming process, but it’s definitely worth the effort.
Google’s support team is staffed with trained experts who can assist you with your problems. You can find them at the Google Help Center , where you’ll find answers to common questions, as well as new issues.
You should also follow Google’s security tips, which include:
- Create strong passwords that are difficult for others to guess.
- Use multi-factor authentication.
- Choose unique, complex passwords for every account, including your email.
- Don’t use the same password over and over.
- Avoid clicking on links in emails or social media.
- Keep your browser and operating system up-to-date.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks.
How Do I Change My Password on My Google Phone?
Open Settings app Google on your Android tablet or phone. Manage your Google Account. Tap Security at the top Tap Password under “Signing into Google”. Sign in may be required. Next, enter your new password and then click Change Password.
How Do I Reset My Google Password if I Forgot It?
Open your Google Account. Select Signing in to Google under “Security” Enter Password Next, enter your new password and then click on Change Password.
How Can I Find My Google Password?
Open the Chrome app on your Android tablet or phone. Tap More to the right of your address bar. Tap Settings. Passwords. You can see, edit, delete, or export your password. Show password . Delete: Tap on the password that you wish to delete.
Can You Change Your Gmail Password?
There are many ways to change your Gmail password from an iPhone, Android or computer. You can also change your password via a web browser even if you don’t have access to the Gmail app. You’ll be signed in on all devices if you change your Gmail password.
How Do I Change My Google Password on My iPhone?
Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap the top-right to change your profile picture or initial. Tap the Personal information button at the top. Tap Password under “Basic information”. Next, enter your new password and then click on Change Password.
Hopefully this guide for how to change google password was helpful for you.